Most people tell me the thing they miss most on Keto is bread, they need a good Keto bread recipe.
Many of the Keto bread recipes require whipping egg whites and multiple steps. The results are often disappointing because let’s face it, without gluten bread is just not bread. You’ll never get the same consistency.
So, with that in mind, how can you make a keto bread recipe that is easy and produces something, anything, to put egg salad on, to put peanut butter on, to make a turkey sandwich? Something you can whip up from memory in minutes?
While we are at it, let’s add some fiber. Fiber helps you feel full. Getting enough fiber can be a challenge especially if you are not eating 3 meals per day. This recipe contains flax seeds.
Flax Seed Benefits:
- Omega-3 essential fatty acids, “good” fats that have been shown to have heart-healthy effects. Each tablespoon of ground flaxseed contains about 1.8 grams of plant omega-3s.
- Lignans, which have both plant estrogen and antioxidant qualities. Flaxseed contains 75 to 800 times more lignans than other plant foods.
- Fiber. Flaxseed contains both the soluble and insoluble types.
- 1/3 C. Ground Flax Seed
- 1/3 C. Water
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 2 T. Birch Benders Pancake Mix
- 1 t. Olive Oil
- 3 C. Blanched Almond Flour
- Olive oil or Coconut Cooking Spray to coat the cookie sheet
Preheat oven to 350. Line cookie sheet with foil. Spray oil or rub oil over foil with hands, coat evenly. Set aside.
Mix all ingredients except almond flour with a fork until well blended. Add almond flour and stir to mix completely. It will become a large mound of dough.
Place the dough ball on the oiled cookie sheet. Spray or rub oil on top of dough and cover with plastic wrap. Using flat palms of hands spread dough out to cover cookie sheet. Remove plastic wrap. Poke holes in dough with fork, to prevent bubbles while cooking.
Place in oven, on the middle rack. Bake for 20-40 minutes, until dry and light brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool on the counter. Remove from the cookie sheet. Cut into 24 squares, Flip over and peel the foil off. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.